Whimsical Tales from the Mad Hatters Bookshop Submission Guidelines
Calling all creative writers aged 8-14!
Try your hand at storytelling - send us your best magical, fantastical short stories or poems to be published in The Mad Hatters Bookshop's second anthology, Whimsical Tales from the Mad Hatters Bookshop.
Terms and Conditions
1. Please submit your story or poem as a word doc. via email to email@example.com with the subject heading of Whimsical Tales Story Submission and include name, age and date of birth of author, as well as contact details of parents. You may also submit a print copy in addition to the email copy, but we do require a word doc. version for later editing.
2. The competition is open to kids aged 8-14 in Wynnum/Manly and surrounding suburbs including areas of Brisbane and the Redlands.
3. It is $5 per entry to help cover editing and printing fees. You can pay the entry cost in-store, over the phone or through our website under Whimsical Tales Entry Fee. Please be sure to mention how you have paid the fee with your email submission.
4. You may submit more than one entry (provided the entry fee for each submission is also paid for), but we strongly recommend you concentrate your efforts on one story so as not to spread yourself too thin!
5. Entry deadline is 30th September. The book is due to be published in 2021.
6. We will contact successful writers by email or phone. During the editing period of the book, we may need to contact writers about editing minor details in their stories/poems.
7. Writers published in the book do not receive remuneration for their entries, but they will receive a free copy of the book.
8. Any personal information provided by writers will not be used for any purposes other than in compiling the book. Included with their published stories/poems will be the authors full names and ages (we can abbreviate surnames to the first letter if parents wish to do so for privacy reasons.)
9. Have FUN writing your stories! Ask your grown-ups, teachers, librarians, friends for help and inspiration in writing your story/poem. This is a community project to celebrate our clever, creative community of kids in Wynnum/Manly and we hope you enjoy taking part in it, regardless of whether you are chosen to be published in the book or not!