Terms and Conditions
Your privacy is important to us! The Mad Hatter’s Bookshop values your privacy and understands the importance of keeping your personal information secure.
Please be assured that we will never sell, rent or provide your private information to an unrelated third party without your express permission.
The only reasons we collect your personal information are to:
- Fulfil orders you have placed on our website
- Provide you with information regarding our products and services – this may be through email, telephone, snail mail or face to face contact (by our management, employees or our officially appointed representatives)
- Allow you loyalty discounts on your products
If you would like to view or alter your personal information (or remove yourself from our contact list), please contact us and we will promptly assist you.
Your credit card details are not stored on our site and are provided directly by you to our secure payment gateway provider or via Paypal.
Where to obtain more information:
Quick Draw Pty Ltd T/As The Mad Hatter’s Bookshop
Shop 3, 7 Day Markets, 50 Cambridge Parade, Manly QLD 4179
PO BOX 5070, Manly QLD 4179
07 3393 5130
ABN: 18 618 228 318
For event tickets preorders are available on our event ticket tab approximately 30 days in advance of the event. Event tickets are final and no cancellations or refunds for event tickets paid in advance.
Shipping Cost - Australia and New Zealand
For orders shipped to Australia or New Zealand, postage is a starting fee of $7.99 with an extra $3 per book. Orders over $100 have free postage.
Items will be shipped within 3 days of receipt for all in stock items. When pre-ordering a book delivery will be within 7 days of the release date where possible. For out of stock new orders most deliveries will be within 2 weeks
Shipping Cost - Overseas
For orders shipped outside Australia or New Zealand, postage is a starting fee of $9.99 with an extra $5 per book. Orders over $300 have free postage.
Sometimes you may need to return an item to us.
Before returning any items please contact Customer Service to discuss your reason for returning your book.
Below are our policies regarding returns. Please read these before contacting us as they may answer your questions.
The Mad Hatter’s Bookshop complies with Australian Consumer laws regarding returns and refunds. Please choose carefully as we do not offer refunds for change of mind or if you have selected the wrong product (for more information about any of our publications or resources please contact our us on 07 3393 5130 before placing your order and we will be happy to assist you).
Credits or exchange on returned goods are only available under these conditions:
1. You must contact us to advise of an error in your product within 14 days. In-store or Click and Collect orders can only be exchanged for other products within 30 days of purchase. No refund is given for change of mind.
2. If the goods you received were not what you ordered, or we have made an error in fulfilment, we will supply you with a Reply Paid address so there is no cost to you in return postage.
3. If the goods you received were damaged on arrival, we will supply you with a Reply Paid address so there is no cost to you in return postage. In these circumstances, we will replace the damaged item with exactly the same item in non-damaged condition. No refunds or exchanges are possible.
4. All returns must arrive to our warehouse in original condition. Any damage in shipping due to inappropriate packaging (when being sent back to us) will unfortunately result in the rejection of your returns/credit or exchange request.
5. Items that were out of stock and have been purchased specifically to fulfil your order are not returnable. Neither are special orders, DVDs or sale items.
6. We do not accept returns for change of mind or if you have selected the wrong product.
Gift vouchers are available to purchase. There is no fee for purchasing a gift voucher. Vouchers are valid for a year. Gift vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with other sales offers, additional discounts, laybys, exchanges, other gift vouchers, and event tickets.
Sales & Promotions
Sales and promotions held either in-store or online will be available for a limited period. Event tickets & gift vouchers are exempt from any sales or promotions.
Special Orders, Laybys & Holds
Special orders are subject to supplier delivery times. Items in stock at time of order may change according to supplier stock levels. Special orders will be kept in-store for eight weeks before the item is either placed back on the shelf or returned to supplier. Any deposits paid on the item will be added to the customer's account and will be usable for up to a year.
Item holds will be held for three days before being placed back on the shelf. Some items may not be available to be placed on hold due to customer demand. Please allow a period of up to three hours during opening hours for click-and-collect and order holds – particularly during busy periods. We also recommend calling ahead to confirm item is in stock and available to be collected.
Laybys require a minimum of $10 deposit at time of layby. Layby will be held in-store for twelve weeks before the item is either placed back on the shelf or returned to supplier. Any deposits paid on the item will be added to the customer's account and will be usable for up to a year. Customer must pay at least monthly payment installments for the item to remain on layby.